Some stats for what business Send Out Cards expects to do during peak week Dec. 9 – 15th.
We will send 68,000 gifts.
We will send 2800 boxes (a day!) of our most popular gift, the gourmet brownies.
We expect to send 2.3 million cards in one week
About 4.6 cards per second or 16500 per hour
That’s about $2 PER SECOND in postage
Yes the US Postal Service loves us. We even help sort the mail at our facility so we send it to the USPS already sorted. It speeds up delivery time and helps the US Postal service tremendously. No wonder we won an award for innovation from the US Post Office earlier this year.
If you are looking for a solution for sending your Christmas cards and Holiday cards check out Send Out Cards. Find out why about 6 million holiday cards will be sent using our service over the next 3 weeks.
Watch this video to see how it works.
Got questions? Contact me. I’m happy to help!
It’s that time of year again when preparations need to be made for holiday cards and gifts. As you prepare for a great season of giving with SendOutCards, we encourage you to use this helpful checklist.
- 1. Schedule cards and gifts to go out BEFORE December 16th
- USPS strongly recommends sending all mail no later than December 16th so that it arrives in your recipients’ mailboxes by December 25th.
For international shipping deadlines, please check the USPS site for recommended mailing dates.
- 2. Place SOC Photo Store Orders Early
- During the holiday season we recommend placing your order on or before the following dates to ensure delivery in time for December 25th:
Shipments to USA and Puerto Rico
Ground, Priority Mail, First Class – Wednesday, December 12th
2nd Day – Sunday, December 16th
Next Day – Tuesday, December 18th
Shipments to Canada
Priority, 1st Class Mail – Friday, November 30th
UPS Standard – Friday, December 7th
UPS Express – Friday, December 14th
All other International Countries
Friday, November 30th
*Rush orders can be placed for $25 per order in the SOC Photo Store order and are guaranteed to go out next business day if placed before 12 p.m. (MST).
- 3. Bulk Cards from SOC Photo Store
- If you prefer to have your holiday cards mailed to your house so that you can address them yourself, then bulk cards from the SOC Photo Store are for you. Bulk Holiday cards can be purchased from the SOC Photo Store in packs of 25. Pre-made templates are available or you can create your own custom design using your personal photos from your SendOutCards account.
*The final order dates for bulk cards are listed above.
- 4. Mail In Your Personalized Handwriting Font Form BEFORE December 7th
- Your handwriting/signatures need to be submitted no later than December 7th if you would like to use them in your holiday card sending. This will allow sufficient time for your handwriting/signatures to be uploaded to your account before December 16th (the recommended mail date for all holiday cards and gifts).
Personalized handwriting fonts and signatures can be purchased from Purchase Products. After completing your purchase, download either the Handwriting Font Forms with Instructions orHandwriting Font Form (Signatures Only). Follow all of the instructions on the form, send it in before December 7th, and you will add an extra element of personalization to your cards.
- 5. Update Your Contact Manager
- The holidays are about letting everyone know you care! Check your contact manager to ensure those you care about are listed. It’s also a great idea to import groups of contacts you have from other applications.
Importing can be tricky at times, so we’ve included a tutorial to help you out:
- 6. Update Your Contact Information
- Make sure that your most up to date return address appears on all of your special holiday cards this year by following the instructions below:
Log in to your SendOutCards account and click the Edit button on the left-hand side of your Main Menu under Default Return Address. Click ‘Save’ and your updated information will be used.
Distributors, you also have the ability to change your information from the Revolution Office. To update your contact information in the Revolution Office, locate the Distributor Tab on your SendOutCards main menu, click Revolution Office then My Profile located on the left side, click Edit My Profile. Once you have updated your information don’t forget to click save.
- 7. Create the Perfect Holiday Card
- Your cards will stand out this holiday season with our incredible greeting card system. With PicturePlus 2.0, you can use holiday borders, templates, clip art and more with your pictures to build personalized, custom cards.
Check out this tutorial to learn how:
- 8. Edit Your Cards Before Clicking Send Card
- The month of December is our busiest time of the year. So that we can make sure your cards are sent out on time, our production team will be printing cards at a much faster pace. Starting on December 1st you DO NOT have until midnight to edit your cards like normal. Instead, we encourage you to edit your cards as soon as possible because your card can be sent to print as soon as you click Send Card.
- 9. Add Points and Expense to Your Account
- Without points and expense for postage, your cards won’t make it to the printers and into the mailboxes of your family and friends. Make sure you have enough for the holiday season beforehand so you can beat the holiday rush.
For help with purchasing points and adding to your expense, please see the following:
- 10. Send Your Holiday Cards Campaign-Style
- If you haven’t created a card campaign before, now is the perfect time to find out how it’s done! After you have the perfect card, plenty of points, and all your holiday contact information is updated into your SendOutCards account, you are ready to send a campaign with a few clicks of the mouse.
For help creating a holiday card campaign, use the following link:
Due to the high volume of traffic on the SendOutCards website during the holiday season, you may experience slight delays in the speed of the website. This is why creating and sending your holiday cards early is ideal.
SendOutCards Customer Support Team is excited to help you during this busy holiday season. The final holiday support schedule will be announced soon.
Please contact our Customer Support Team by phone (801-463-3800), by email firstname.lastname@example.org, or by live chat (link found at the bottom of the SendOutCards website). Response times may be delayed during the holiday season.
Share this holiday checklist along with your holiday cheer, cards and gifts with your friends, family and fellow SendOutCards users. Make this special season worry-free by scheduling your cards and gifts early – we will do the rest!